Sunday, January 17, 2010

Where to buy Gas??


I have one ultra conservative friend. I don't like her. I don't like anything about her. How can she be my friend? Great question. She's not really, but neither one of us will say it.
I feel like if I walk away then she'll have something to spout about tolerance and if she walks away then she won't have any lesbian friends. It's not cool to live in CA and not have lesbian friends.
So we keep each other.
I'm thankful to get a first hand account of right-wing crazy. The ultra right is actually crazy. And she is ultra right wing (she dressed up like Sarah Palin for Halloween for the love of all things holy.)
I have been all done with her many times, but still I stay.
Her most recent offense was her employment with ExxonMobil. The Mobil part isn't so bad, but Exxon is the sole remaining Fortune 500 company that doesn't recognize sexual orientation in their discrimination policy and of course does not offer domestic partnership rights or benefits. Furthermore, when they acquired Mobil in 1999 they absorbed the employees but did not extend the policy of Mobil and so LGBT employees lost their benefits.
Exxon sucks and now my right wing acquaintance gets her paycheck from them. A perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment